About the journal
The journal Media4u Magazine was established in 2004 as a forum for academics and teachers to share their scientific research in education. Gradually, it developed into a journal with all articles being peer-reviewed since 2007. The journal is published with the scholarly support of an international board of university teachers. Their engagement and initiative should not be linked with any particular university or any other institution.
Publisher: Ing Jan Chromý, Ph.D.
IČ (Publishers Identification Number): 17032628
Aims and scope of journal
The journal focuses on issues of scietific research in education irrespective of any particular subject-field.
Their range is rather broad as can be seen from the following list containing wider areas falling within the scope of the journal:
- Educational technologies;
- Didactics of particular subject areas;
- Information technology;
- Application of media and medial means in education;
- Auditoriology focusing on the equipment (including electronics) of classrooms, teaching and conference halls.
Issues are archived/ indexed
- WebArchiv – Archive of the Czech Web, National Library of the Czech Republic
- EBSCO Publishing
The publication schedule
The Journal Media4u Magazine is published quarterly:
- 15th March with the deadline for submission 15th December of the previous year
- 15th June with the deadline for submission 15th March
- 15th September with the deadline for submission 15th June
- 15th December with the deadline for submission 15th September
The international standard serial number (ISSN) for Journal Media4u Magazine is 1214-9187.
Scientific Editorial Board
- Ing. Jan Chromý, Ph.D., Publisher of the Journal Media4u Magazine, Prague - CZ
- Assoc. prof. PaedDr. René Drtina, Ph.D., Faculty of Education, University of Hradec Králové - CZ
Honorary Members of Scientific Editorial Board in Memoriam:
- prof. Ing. Radomír Adamovský, DrSc., Faculty of Engineering, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague - CZ
- prof. Ing. Ján Bajtoš, CSc., Ph.D., Dubnica Technological Institute in Dubnica nad Vahom - SK
- prof. PhDr. Martin Bílek, Ph.D., Charles University, Faculty of Education, Prague - CZ
- prof. Ing. Pavel Cyrus, CSc., Faculty of Education, University of Hradec Kralove - CZ
- prof. Dr. Alexander Dimchev, Faculty of Philosophy, Sofia University - BG
- prof. Ing. Rozmarína Dubovská, DrSc., Faculty of Education, University of Hradec Kralove - CZ
- prof. Valentina Ilganayeva, Doctor of historical sciences, Kharkiv State Academy of Culture - UA
- prof. nadzw. dr hab. Mariusz Jędrzejko - Mazowieckie Centrum Profilaktyki Uzależnień - PL
- prof. Ing. Jiří Jindra, CSc., Czech Republic - CZ
- prof. Alexander Kholod, Ph.D., National University of Culture and Arts, Kyiv - UA
- prof. Dr. hab. Mirosław Kowalski - Uniwersytet Zielonogórski, Zielona Góra - PL
- prof. Dr. hab. Ing. Kazimierz Rutkowski, University of Agriculture in Krakow - PL
- prof. RNDr. PhDr. Antonín Slabý, CSc., Faculty of Informatics and Management, University of Hradec Králové - CZ
- Assoc. prof. Mgr. Ing. Radim Bačuvčík, Ph.D., Faculty of Multimedia Communications, Tomas Bata University in Zlin - CZ
- Assoc. prof. PaedDr. Peter Beisetzer, Ph.D., Faculty of Humanities and Natural Sciences, Univerzity of Presov - SK
- Assoc. prof. Ing. Marie Dohnalová, CSc., Faculty of Humanities, Charles University in Prague - CZ
- Assoc. prof. PhDr. Marta Chromá, Ph.D., Charles University, Law School, Prague - CZ
- Assoc. prof. Sergej Ivanov, CSc., Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg - RUS
- Assoc. prof. Ing. Vladimír Jehlička, CSc., Jan Perner Transport Faculty, University of Pardubice - CZ
- Assoc. prof. Mgr. Ing. Olga Jurášková, Ph.D., Faculty of Multimedia Communications, Tomas Bata University in Zlin - CZ
- Assoc. prof. Olena Karpenko, Ph.D., National aerospace university «Kharkiv aviation institute» - UA
- Assoc. prof. Anna Kholod, Ph.D., National University of Culture and Arts, Kyiv - UA
- Assoc. prof. Victoria Kovpak, candidate of sciences, Classic Private University Institute of Journalism and Social Communication - UA
- Assoc. prof. Ing. Pavel Krpálek, CSc., University of Business in Prague - CZ
- Assoc. prof. PaedDr. Martina Maněnová, Ph.D., Faculty of Education, University of Hradec Kralove - CZ
- Assoc. prof. Ing. Štěpán Müller, CSc., MBA, Faculty of International Relations, University of Economics, Prague - CZ
- Assoc. prof. PaedDr. Jiří Nikl, CSc., Faculty of Education, Technical University of Liberec - CZ
- Assoc. prof. RNDr. Petra Poulová, Ph.D., Fakulty of Informatics and Management, University of Hradec Králové - CZ
- Assoc. prof. PhDr. Ivana Šimonová, Ph.D., Faculty of Informatics and Management, University of Hradec Králové - CZ
- Mgr. Anica Djokič, MBA, Serbia - SRB
- Donna Dvorak, M.A., United States of America - USA
- Ing. Katarína Krpálková-Krelová, Ph.D., Faculty of Finance and Accounting, University of Economics, Prague - CZ
- Christine Mary McConell, M.A., Northern Ireland - GB
- Mgr. Liubov Ryashko, Ph.D., Russia - RUS
- Mgr. Ing. Josef Šedivý, Ph.D., Science Faculty, University of Hradec Kralove - CZ
- Dr.Quah Cheng Sim, Institut Aminuddin Baki, National Institute of Educational Management and Leadership, Ministry of Education - MAL
- Ing. & Ing. Lucie Sára Závodná, Ph.D., Faculty of Arts, Palacký University in Olomouc - CZ
- PhDr. Jan Závodný Pospíšil, Ph.D., College of Polytechnics, Jihlava
- prof. PhDr. Ing. Ivan Turek, CSc., Slovak Republic - SK
Board of reviewers in 2016
- prof. Ing. Ondřej Asztalos, CSc.
- prof. Ing. Bohumil Král, CSc.
- prof. PhDr. Libor Pavera, CSc.
- prof. Ing. Rudolf Šlosár, Ph.D.
- doc. PhDr. Mária Bratská, CSc.
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Dvořáček, CSc.
- doc. PhDr. Lenka Holá, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Juraj Kostra, CSc.
- doc. Soňa Kompoltová, CSc.
- doc. Ing. Antonín Pokorný, CSc.
- doc. Ing. Miloslav Rotport, CSc.
- doc. Ing. PhDr. Lucie Severová, Ph.D.
- doc. Ing. Oktavián Strádal, CSc.
- doc. Ing. Jan Trnka, CSc.
- doc. Ing. Lenka Turnerová, CSc.
- Mgr. Diana Patricia Varela Cano, Ph.D.
- JUDr. PhDr. Silvia Capíková, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Jana Dundelová, Ph.D.
- Ing. Václav Hofman, Ph.D.
- Ing. Lenka Holečková, Ph.D.
- Ing. Robin Koklar, Ph.D., MBA.
- Ing. Alena Králová, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Kristýna Krejčová, Ph.D.
- Ing. Lucia Krištofiaková, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Václav Maněna, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Jiří Nesiba, Ph.D.
- Ing. Jaromír Novák, Ph.D.
- Ing. Ladislav Pasiar, Ph.D.
- Ing. Eva Tóblová, Ph.D.
- Ing. Oldřich Tureček, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Martin Doleček
- Mgr. Irina Hafijčuková
- PhDr. Eva Ottová
- Ing. Miloš Sobek
- Mgr. Michal Ševčík
- Ing. Jan Šíba
- Mgr. Libuše Turinská
- Ing. Jiří Vávra
Type of submissions
We only accept manuscripts in a Microsoft Word 97-2003 version (*. doc). Contributions in higher versions of MS Office and other text editors should be exported to MS Word 97-2003 by their authors.
Address for submissions
Submissions must be sent via e-mail in MS Word 97-2003 (*.doc) format to the publisher at email@example.com.
The author´s name should be in the subject of email.
The author will get a message confirming the receipt of his or her email.
Format of articles
The recommended range of articles is 4-8 pages A4 writen in the template. In case of publishing a large number of pages it is necessary to contact the editors.
If any articles does not fulfill all the formal requirements of the guidelines for writing articles it will be rejected before the review process.
A corrected article, sent by the author back after the first rejection will be automatically suspended for assessment to the next issue.
The journal Media4u Magazine is published in conformity with the Committee on Publication Ethics COPE.
We expect all prospective authors to read and understand Ethics Policy (with which we indicate conformity) before submitting any manuscript to this journal. This policy details the responsibilities of all authors, editors and reviewers working with and for Media4u Magazine as well as our own ethical responsibilities.
This includes, but is not limited to, plagiarism, falsification of data, misuse of third party material, fabrication of results and fraudulent authorship. Please note that submitted manuscripts may be subject to checks in order to detect instances of overlapping and similar text. If plagiarism or misconduct is found, consequences are detailed in the policy.
Ethic policy for:
Accuracy of content
All contributions sent to the publisher must bear the author's full name and address.
Contributions, whether published are accepted on the strict understanding that the author is responsible for the accuracy of all opinion, technical comment, factual report, data, figures, illustrations and photographs.
Publication does not necessarily imply that these are the opinions of the Editors, Editorial Board or the Publisher, nor do the Editors, Editorial Board, or Publisher accept any liability for the accuracy of such comment, report or other technical and factual information.
Journal Media4u Magazine will, however, strive to ensure that all opinion, comments, reports, data, figures, illustrations and photographs are accurate, insofar as it is within its abilities to do so.
The author of an article is fully responsible for its content.
Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright holders for reproducing through any medium of communication those illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere.
Submitting an article authors confirm on submission that the article is original, is not under consideration by another journal, has not previously been published elsewhere and that its content has not been anticipated by previous publication.
Authors retain their rights to republish this material in other works written or edited by themselves subject to full acknowledgement of the original source of publication.
No contribution will be accepted which has been published elsewhere, unless it is expressly invited or agreed by the Editors and the Publisher.
Submitting an article for publication by the e-mail the author agrees with electronic publishing in Journal Media4u Magazine, electronic archiving performed by WebArchiv – Archives of the Czech Web, the National Library of the Czech Republic and its other indexing.
All articles published in the journal Media4u Magazine or its parts thereof may be used for other publications, if indicated their citations under the applicable standards.
Accuracy of reproduction
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure accurate reproduction of text, photographs and illustrations. The Publisher does not accept responsibility for mistakes, be they editorial or typographical, nor for consequences resulting from them.
The Publisher reserves the right to edit, abridge or omit all materials submitted.
All submitted manuscripts will first be screened by the editors for fit with the Media4u Magazine´s scope and requirements and, if approved, will be submitted to peer-review by at least two external referees.
Should an article be not approved for the review process the author will be informed of the fact within one month after its submission.
The main assessment criteria:
The acceptance or rejection of their article will be notified to the author by e-mail no later than three months after its submission.
- Compliance with the general guidelines for writing articles
- Compliance with the guidelines for writing articles
- The structure of article
- The accuracy of the content
- Illustrations - photos, pictures, tables
- Used terminology
- Relevance of citations
The language of an article:
Authors of articles written in languages other than Czech, who are not native speakers of those languages, are required to submit, along with their article, a review statement issued by a linguist knowledgeable of, and fully proficient in the respective language (such as a university teacher of that language or a certified translator in that language); the statement is to acknowledge that the article has been proofread and its linguistic quality corresponds to the general academic standards. The name of the person issuing the statement will be appended to the article.